The DOGgone Truth

The DOGgone Truth

The DOGgone Truth. . .   Do you ever wonder what people are saying about you? I mean your close friends. Are they always 100% truthful? You’d like to think so. Personally, I can’t be around people or call anyone a true friend if I don’t think they are. But...
Running on Empty

Running on Empty

I can honestly say this has NEVER happened to me in my entire driving career which has spanned . . . .achhum,  a few decades. I was always taught to fill the tank when it gets to half a tank (thanks dad).  But yesterday as I was tooling around town...

In the Presence of a Service Dog

“Oh My God he’s so cute”- “Look Madge it’s a Seeing Eye Dog”- Those are just some of the things I hear as I walk thru a public place with my Service Dog Milo.  It’s been quite an education getting used to having him with me. And some of the things I hear and see people do would fill up a book I’m sure. I have to say 85% of the time we get nothing but kindness from the public, but it saddens me when the other 15% don’t behave well.   So from a handler of  a Service Dog I thought I would try to educate the public a little. Not all Service Dogs are “Seeing Eye Dogs”.    Service dogs  are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. They come in many shapes and sizes and can be trained for many different purposes.  They can...
Get off the couch and Play your Panic Attacks Away

Get off the couch and Play your Panic Attacks Away

Remember the last time your energetic doggie stared at you, just begging for some Frisbee action? It was about 5 minutes ago right!  Bet you couldn’t  ignore those pleading eyes, so instead of vegging on the couch, you got up and played a tug-o-war  with your best bud. No doubt,...
Enter Milo

Enter Milo

  This delicious face, is Milo. 8 weeks old- March 4th 2012 (ok i’m really late in starting the posts). . . but i was so over joyed and busy there was just no time. So let me try and catch up.   I had thought about Milo for years-...
Rescue 911

Rescue 911

I’m watching the rescue of the miners, well,  I was but it’s hard to watch. For the past two months when I think about them trapped underground like that I find that i can’t breath. My sister reminds me that i’m not trapped down there, but I feel for these...

Walk thru the Panic

Posted by unwrapping panic at 1/27/2012 8:49 AM | Add Comment Walk thru the Panic- that’s what the “experts” say you have to do to overcome the attacks. Ten years ago when someone told me to do that, I couldn’t even wrap my head around that thought. Today, as i was in one of my favorite stores- (no not in a mall- still trying to concur those) i could feel my palpitations starting, as i stood on line to pay for a pair of jeans i needed.  My first instinct was of course to run- leave- get out.  But of course all the hard work I’ve gone thru with therapy would tell me to stay and “walk thru the fear” so  i stayed in line. I hated it. I could have dumped the jeans in a minute, but I had to stay there as sweat was pouring down my face...

ronald-mcdonald-header.jpg

Share

What do you think?

You must be logged in to post a comment.

UA-34007632-1